Guangdong - Hong Kong Technology Cooperation Funding Scheme (TCFS)
What is TCFS?
TCFS aims to enhance the level of collaboration on R&D between organizations in Hong Kong and Guangdong Province. Projects funded by the TCFS will have to demonstrate an element of Guangdong/Hong Kong cooperation (e.g. collaboration between research institutes and enterprises in Guangdong, Shenzhen and Hong Kong).
There are three categories of projects for applications under the TCFS, namely-
- Category A - projects which are solicited, vetted and funded solely by Hong Kong.
- Category A(1) – projects solicited, vetted and monitored by the R&D Centres1; and
- Category A(2) – projects solicited, vetted and monitored by ITC.
- Category B are projects which are solicited, vetted and funded solely by Guangdong/Shenzhen.
- Category C are projects which are jointly solicited, vetted and funded by Guangdong/Shenzhen and Hong Kong.
- Category C(1) – projects jointly funded by Guangdong and Hong Kong; and
- Category C(2) – projects jointly funded by Shenzhen and Hong Kong.
Application forms and Guides
Submission of Applications
The funding application for 2017 TCFS of the Innovation and Technology Support Programme (ITSP) is now open for application. Deadline for application is 9 December 2016.