What are the vetting criteria of the Guangdong - Hong Kong Technology Cooperation Funding Scheme?
In considering a proposal, due consideration will be given to, inter alia, the following wherever applicable:
- the potential of the project to facilitate general upgrading and future development of the relevant industries in the Greater Pearl River Delta region (or Shenzhen and Hong Kong for projects under Category C(2)); contribute to innovation and technology upgrading and broaden the scientific and technical knowledge base of the Greater Pearl River Delta region (or Shenzhen and Hong Kong);
- whether the project would involve collaboration with organizations in the Guangdong Province (or Shenzhen);
- whether there is substantial contribution from the relevant industries in particular in the form of cash sponsorship;
- whether there is a demonstrated need for the proposed project;
- whether similar products, technologies or services are already available in the market, and whether the project is duplicating or likely to duplicate the work carried out by other institutions;
- the overall planning and organizational structure of the project and the technical and project management capability of the project team i.e. the project team members' experience, qualifications, track record, and the resources available for the project;
- whether the proposed budget is reasonable and realistic and whether the project should be funded by other sources, such as the Research Grants Council, the Applied Research Fund, the Health and Health Services Research Fund and the Research Fund for the Control of Infectious Diseases etc.; and
- for proposal involving the collaboration between a private company and a local research institute, whether the R&D content merits the participation of the local research institute and the commitment of the company and the research institute to the project in terms of financial contribution and manpower involvement; and whether the project should be delivered by the company as part of its normal business activities and development or service engagement.