Public Sector Trial Scheme – ITF Projects (PSTS-ITF)
Launched in March 2011, PSTS-ITF aims to provide funding support for production of prototypes/samples and/or conducting of trials in the public sector to facilitate and promote the realisation and commercialisation of research and development (R&D) results under ITF projects.
All completed ITF R&D projects undertaken by R&D Centres1 and designated local public research institutes2 are eligible for funding support under the Scheme. The applicant should either be the R&D Centre/designated local public research institute undertaking the project; or the company owning the intellectual property (IP) of the project deliverables.
- Maximum Funding Support: 50% of the actual cost of the original R&D project (and up to 100% for projects initiated by R&D Centres).
- Maximum Project Duration: 24 months.
- Industry sponsorship: NOT mandatory.
- Use of samples/prototypes and conducting of trials are confined to the public sector which includes Government bureaux and departments, public bodies, non-profit-making trade associations, charitable organisations, etc.
- Trial projects should aim to facilitate the development of new products not already available in the market currently, and should employ the R&D results/deliverables of the completed ITF projects.
PSTS-ITF invites applications for funding all year round. Please read the following document before submitting an application:
Vetting will be conducted by the Innovation and Technology Commission (ITC). ITC may seek clarification or supplementary information from the applicant if necessary. Eligible applications will be submitted to the Commissioner for Innovation and Technology for approval of funding.
Frequently Asked Questions
The Helpdesk aims to assist in matching eligible PSTS applicants with suitable Government bureaux/departments and public bodies for trial of their R&D outcomes, which may arise from completed R&D projects funded by the ITF, technology companies and incubatees or graduate tenants of the Hong Kong Science & Technology Parks Corporation or Hong Kong Cyberport Management Company Limited.
- Tel: (852) 3655 5678
- Fax: (852) 2957 8726
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org