Reindustrialisation and Technology Training Programme (RTTP)
Launched in August 2018, RTTP aims to subsidise local enterprises on a 2(Government):1(enterprise) matching basis to train their staff in advanced technologies, especially those related to "Industry 4.0".
Course providers applying for public course registration are required to have two or more years of relevant experience in the provision of technology training.
An enterprise applying for training grant under the RTTP should fulfill the following requirements:
- registered in Hong Kong under the Business Registration Ordinance (Cap. 310); and
- must be a non-government and non-subvented organisation.
The employee nominated must be a Hong Kong permanent resident with the necessary background/experience relevant to the advanced technology of the training course.
- Maximum Funding Support: $500,000 for each enterprise in each financial year.
- Mode of funding: Reimbursement with an option for 50% partial advance payment of training grant.
- Both local and non-local training courses are supported by the RTTP.
- Supports two types of training courses:Public courses are open to the public for enrolment and applications for course registration should be submitted by course providers. Tailor-made courses are designed for a particular enterprise (or enterprises) and the course proposals should be submitted by the enterprise concerned as part of the training grant application.
RTTP invites applications for funding all year round. The Vocational Training Council (VTC) is the Secretariat responsible for administering the Programme.
- "Guidance Notes for Public Course Providers"(for course providers)
- "Guidance Notes for Companies"(for enterprises)
- RTTP website
The course proposals submitted by course providers (public courses) or by enterprises (tailor-made courses) will be vetted and approved by a Course Vetting Panel under the Innovation and Technology Training Board of the VTC. Technical experts will be consulted as appropriate.
The training grant applications submitted by enterprises for registered public courses will be vetted and approved by the VTC.
Vocational Training Council
- Tel: (852) 3907 6661
- Fax: (852) 2904 7843
- Email: email@example.com
Innovation and Technology Commission
- Tel: (852) 3655 5678
- Fax: (852) 2957 8726
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org