Innovation and Technology Support Programme (ITSP)
Launched in February 2022, ITSP (Mid-stream, theme-based) aims to encourage universities funded by the University Grants Committee (UGC) to collaborate with leading research institutes worldwide to conduct more theme-based inter-disciplinary and translational research and development (R&D) work in focused technology areas.
The lead applicant must be a university funded by the UGC.
- Maximum Funding Support: HK$5 million per project for Standalone Projects; HK$10 million per project for Collaboration Projects involving multiple disciplines or research institutes (priority accorded).
- Maximum Project Duration: 36 months.
- Industry Sponsorship: NOT mandatory.
- Intellectual Property Rights Ownership: lead applicant.
ITSP (Mid-stream, theme-based) invites applications for funding once a year. The application period in 2022 was 11 February 2022 to 29 April 2022. Project Proposals under the themes "Green Engineering Technologies" and "Therapeutics for the treatment of metabolic diseases" were invited. Please read the following documents before submitting an application:
- Guide to Filling in the ITSP (Mid-stream, theme-based) Application Form
- Sample of a completed ITSP (Mid-stream, theme-based) Application Form
- Funding and Administrative Guidelines for Successful Applicants
- Guide on Intellectual Property Arrangements for Research and Development Projects funded under the Innovation and Technology Fund
The ITF Secretariat will conduct a preliminary screening upon receipt of an application. Where necessary, individual application may be subject to external review. The ITF Secretariat's assessment, together with the views of external reviewer(s) (if any), will be submitted to the Innovation and Technology Fund Research Projects Assessment Panel for examination in accordance with the assessment framework.
Frequently Asked Questions
Subsuming the Midstream Research Programme for Universities under the ITSP, ITSP (Mid-stream, theme-based) continues to support theme-based mid-stream R&D projects conducted by UGC-funded universities.
For non-local co-applicant, a legal opinion issued by a lawyer duly qualified to practise the law of the place of incorporation, formation or establishment of the co-applicant should be provided.
- Tel: (852) 3655 5678
- Fax: (852) 2957 8726
- Email: email@example.com