Midstream Research Programme for Universities (MRP)
Launched in December 2016, MRP aims to encourage universities funded by the University Grants Committee (UGC) to collaborate with leading research institutes worldwide to conduct more theme-based inter-disciplinary and translational research and development (R&D) work in focused technology areas.
The lead applicant must be a university funded by the UGC.
- Maximum Funding Support: HK$5 million per project for Standalone Projects; HK$10 million per project for Collaboration Projects involving multiple disciplines or research institutes (priority accorded).
- Maximum Project Duration: 36 months.
- Industry Sponsorship: NOT mandatory.
- Intellectual Property Rights Ownership: lead applicant.
MRP invites applications for funding once a year. The application period in 2021 was 11 January 2021 to 26 March 2021. Project Proposals under the themes "Drug Development" and "Green Engineering Technologies" were invited. Please read the following documents before submitting an application:
- Guide to Filling in the Application Form
- Sample of a completed Application Form
- Funding and Administrative Guidelines for Successful Applicants
- Guide on Intellectual Property Arrangements for Research and Development Projects funded under the Innovation and Technology Fund
The ITF Secretariat will conduct a preliminary screening upon receipt of an application. Where necessary, individual application may be subject to external review. The ITF Secretariat's assessment, together with the views of external reviewer(s) (if any), will be submitted to the Innovation and Technology Fund Research Projects Assessment Panel for examination in accordance with the assessment framework.
Frequently Asked Questions
For non-local co-applicant, a legal opinion issued by a lawyer duly qualified to practise the law of the place of incorporation, formation or establishment of the co-applicant should be provided.
- Tel: (852) 3655 5678
- Fax: (852) 2957 8726
- Email: email@example.com