Technology Talent Scheme – Postdoctoral Hub Programme
Frequently Asked Questions
- Can a postdoctoral talent with non-local qualification participate in the Postdoctoral Hub programme?
Yes. For postdoctoral talent with relevant qualification obtained from non-local institution, he/she is eligible to participate in the Postdoctoral Hub programme if the qualification awarding institution is among the top 100 institutions for STEM-related subjects in the latest publication of any of the following world university ranking tables:
For qualification obtained from a non-local institution outside the above lists, the postdoctoral talent should provide relevant document(s), such as the qualification assessment report issued by the Hong Kong Council for Accreditation of Academic and Vocational Qualifications (HKCAAVQ), supporting that the specific skills possessed by him/her or the equivalence of the qualification concerned being assessed is on the doctoral level for consideration.
- Can an existing intern under the Internship Programme with a doctoral degree be transferred to the Postdoctoral Hub programme or join the programme after completion of the internship period?
Yes. The Postdoctoral Hub programme and the Internship Programme are two separate funding programmes. Eligible applicant organisation/company has to submit fresh application for the proposed postdoctoral talent to join the Postdoctoral Hub programme and be subject to compliance with its funding conditions.
- If an applicant organisation/company has already engaged two interns under the Internship Programme, can it still apply for two postdoctoral talent under the Postdoctoral Hub programme?
Yes. The Postdoctoral Hub programme and the Internship Programme are two separate funding programmes. Under these two programmes, eligible applicant organisation/company can engage up to two interns and two postdoctoral talent at any one time to conduct research and development work. Yet the maximum engagement period for each intern/postdoctoral talent under each programme should not exceed 24 months.
For incubatees and innovation and technology (I&T) tenants of HKSTPC and Cyberport, the total engagement period for its interns/talent under each programme should not exceed 48 months.
- Can the engagement period under Postdoctoral Hub programme and the internship period under the Internship Programme overlap each other?
No. Both the Postdoctoral Hub programme and the Internship Programme require the postdoctoral talent/intern to work on a full-time basis; hence he/she cannot be engaged concurrently under both programmes.
- If the applicant is a private company, can the proprietor, partner or shareholder of the company be engaged as a postdoctoral talent under the Postdoctoral Hub programme?
No. To avoid conflict of interest, the proprietor, partner or shareholder of the applicant company is not eligible to be engaged as a postdoctoral talent under the programme.
- Can non-local technology talent admitted under TechTAS benefit from the Postdoctoral Hub programme?
Yes. Any non-local technology talent fulfilling the eligibility requirement under the Postdoctoral Hub programme, including those admitted under the TechTAS, can benefit from the Postdoctoral Hub Programme.