What are the vetting criteria of the University-Industry Collaboration Programme (UICP)?
In considering a proposal, due consideration will be given to, inter alia, the following wherever applicable:
- the potential of the project to contribute to innovation and technology upgrading of the economy, and broaden the scientific and technical knowledge base of the economy;
- whether the R&D content merits the participation of a local university and the commitment of the company and the university to the project in terms of financial contribution and manpower involvement;
- the overall planning and organizational structure of the project and the technical and project management capability of the project team;
- whether the proposed budget is reasonable and realistic; and
- whether the project should be delivered by the company as part of its normal business activities and development or service engagement.