Public Sector Trial Scheme for Technology Companies Conducting Research and Development (R&D) Activities in Hong Kong (PSTS-TC)
Launched in March 2020, PSTS-TC aims to fund the production of prototypes/samples and/or conducting of trials in the public sector by technology companies conducting R&D activities in Hong Kong.
The applicant should be a technology company incorporated in Hong Kong under the Companies Ordinance (Cap. 622) or registered in Hong Kong under the Business Registration Ordinance (Cap. 310) which is conducting R&D activities in Hong Kong. The technology company must not be a government subvented organisation or a subsidiary of any government subvented organisation. The R&D outcomes for trial need to be owned by the applicant company and developed by the applicant company primarily in Hong Kong and should align with its business plans.
- Maximum Funding Support: $1 million per project.
- Maximum Project Duration: 12 months.
- Deployment of samples/prototypes and conducting of trials are generally confined to the local public sector which includes Government bureaux and departments, statutory bodies and/or Hong Kong Government subvented non-governmental bodies in the welfare sector.
- The project should aim to facilitate the development of new products not already available in the market, and should employ the R&D results/deliverables developed and owned by the applicant itself.
PSTS-TC invites applications for funding all year round. Please read the "Guide to Filling in the Application Form for Public Sector Trial Scheme for Technology Companies Conducting Research and Development (R&D) Activities in Hong Kong" before submitting an application.
Upon receipt of an application, the Innovation and Technology Commission (ITC) will check the applicant"s eligibility. Ineligible applications will be returned to the applicant companies. ITC will consider all information and supporting documents provided by the applicant company in assessing an application. All applications would be vetted based on their individual merits in accordance with the major vetting criteria.
Frequently Asked Questions
The Helpdesk aims to assist in matching eligible PSTS applicants with suitable Government bureaux/departments and public bodies for trial of their R&D outcomes, which may arise from completed R&D projects funded by the ITF, technology companies and incubatees or graduate tenants of the Hong Kong Science & Technology Parks Corporation or Hong Kong Cyberport Management Company Limited.
Technology companies which are current incubatees or graduate tenants of HKSTPC or Cyberport should apply under the PSTS-SPC.
- Tel: (852) 3655 5678
- Fax: (852) 2957 8726
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org